- 24 teams participate in each event
- Teams qualify by accumulating points in FIVB Olympic Qualification Tournaments
- 1 host nation team is prequalified
- At most 2 teams from any country may qualify (not counting the host nation's guaranteed berth)
- In the event of an unrepresented continent, the top team from that continent will qualify
- Each team consists of exactly 2 players—no substitutions
- Teams are divided into 6 pools of 4 teams each
- Only last place teams in each pool will be eliminated
- Top 18 teams after pool play participate in a single-elimination tournament, with a play-off for third place.
Beach Volleyball or Sand Volleyball is similar to Indoor Volleyball. Beach Volleyball evolved in Hawaii in 1915. Beach Volleyball is governed by Fédération Internationale de Volleyball (FIVB) organization. Beach Volleyball debuted as an exhibition game in 1992 Olympic. Olympic Beach Volleyball will be contested from Saturday 28th July to Thursday 9th August during 2012 Olympic London. Sport Ticket Exchange is suitable source to get Olympic Beach Volleyball Tickets.